Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thin Ice

Hey Heather. Good to hear from you! Hope all is well!I don’t know about inner strength. It simply is what it is and was what it was. Heck, if you take a step back all that ever really happened to me was the initial surgery. Everything else was doctors make bad predictions about my future combined with crappy radiological reports. (I never got an explanation for the huge mass that was reported in my chest on my first cat scan.) Because of the nature of kidney cancer -- there are no effective adjuvant treatments -- I did not even have to go through chemo or radiation. The basic arch of the story so far has been they found it and took it out. It has then been up to me deal with it. It has taught me a lot. Maybe it was the perfect lesson for someone with borderline anxiety issues who is also a control freak. It was like God was saying, "You like to worry?. OK, I'll give you something real to worry about. You like to try to control things? Control this. "

It is like Conan said, "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." That statement is so true of cancer.

My wife likes to say that control is an illusion. She is right. You never realize how thin the ice we are all skating on really is until it starts to crack.
e it working. Notice the use of the work think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home