Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lasalle Distance Classic


This week I ran the Lasalle Distance Half Marathon in Chicago. It was a fun time. I ran it with my brother and a bunch of cousins. The race started bright and early at 6:30. The first part of the race wrapped around downtown. It was very scenic. We then turned south on the lake shore and ran by Soldier Field. Then, there was a final turn to the north and back to the finish.

I don’t know if it was the weather, but I was really fighting it in this race. I picked out my cancer Relay for Life Shirt to wear. By mile four I was having trouble with the humidity, so I took it off. I carried it for a while. But that became annoying due to its weight. I finally threw it out as we ran under the McCormick Center. I did not want to. That shirt was special to me.

I finished in a time of 1:51:20. It was not near my best. But, this one was a real struggle. And, I beat my cousins and my brother. I think this race proved one thing for sure. Irish people should NOT be allowed to take their shirts off in public. Note that we started about three and a half minutes after the race gun went off. That is why my chip time does not match the race clock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home