Thursday, May 24, 2007

Feeling Alive



I ran the Cleveland Half Marathon last weekend. It was a great race. The weather was perfect. The race snaked around most of the major sites in downtown Cleveland. (Yes, there are sites in downtown Cleveland.) I ran a good race. I finished in 1:47:43 with a 10k split of 50:50 (click). That means my pace was nearly constant at 8:12/mile. It was a good time for me. And, even better, this time my MP3 did not get stuck on 38 special.

I love to run these days. It makes me feel alive. The last time they checked my kidney function, it was in the beginning stages of chronic kidney disease. Being able to run in these races makes me feel like it is going to be OK. That I can do things now like before. Heck, I am probably in the best shape of my life right now; even with the kidney issue. One of the many contradictions of these crazy times.

My next goal will be to try to get my pace time down to 8:00/mile for the entire race.

Note to Annie. I am gunning for you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right. I totally forgot. Our problems in the Middle East did begin with Jimmy Carter.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we're the only two people that want Bonds to break the record. What he did was wrong, but he was one of many. If he had any semblance of a likeable persona, he probably wouldn't be so reviled by the majority of baseball fans today.

And on another topic...

Did Carter have a terrible foreign policy? Absolutely. But history will show him to be 1-upped by your favorite lame-duck/lame-ass president. I take it you make up part of the 22% approval rating?

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home