Thursday, April 27, 2006

Closing the Book on the Scan

I was feeling real good about my last CT scan. Then, I got an e-mail from the Kidney Cancer support group I am on. This person had exactly the same type of cancer as me. Same type, same stage, same grade and just about the same size. After three and a half years of clean scans, he has it back. It is in his liver and spine.

When I read this I thought, how long will it be before I can truly put this behind me? I felt the old mix of depression and anger coming back. Then, the next time I checked my e-mail, I opened a note from someone about the good news about my scans. The second line simply said, Keep keeping POSITIVE!!!!

Good timing. I realized I was not following my own advice. I was drifting back to my old self. The reason they keep scanning me is because there is a chance this might come back. I can’t focus on that negative possibility. I need to focus on all the good news I have gotten. There is a clear path to survival now. In fact, it is the most probable outcome.

Anyway, enough cancer talk. Time for another edition of scattered thoughts and bad gramar.
turn around.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home