Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Private Cheeseburger and the Doughnut of Doom

Just got out of the Cat Scan (machine looks like a doughnut). Test was simple. One time through. This time no contrast. My doctor agrees we should try to protect the remaining kidney. The results will be simple. If the things we are seeing in my chest are stable after six months it is a good sign. Then there may be a way out of this nightmare. If they have grown, or if there are any new growths, it would go into the very not good category. I will get the results when I see my onc on the 10th. I will post them out when I have them. (That was the purpose of this page.)

This time is probably a good time to look back on all those who have helped me. To my wife, I know this has not been easy on you either, but thanks for your unwavering support through this nightmare. To my brothers and sisters and their spouses, thanks for the emotional support. Picking up the cleaning bill was also a very nice show of support to my wife and was greatly appreciated. To my brothers and sisters in law and their spouses, thanks for the support and also for taking time to be with my kids. They need their aunts and uncles now more than ever. To my good friend “Jackpot”, thanks for your help putting the weekly college picks out to help keep my mind off of this stuff. To the doctors at University Hospitals, thank you for giving me hope while leveling with me about the gravity of my situation. Also, I know that the lead surgeon did not have the Friday after a two week vacation free. You guys obviously jumped through some major hoops to schedule me quickly. To my coworkers, thank you all for the support you provided both on and off the job. To my cousins, both in Cleveland and elsewhere, thank you for your prayers. To my old high school classmates, thank you for the kind words at the reunion. That may have been a trip down memory lane for you guys, but it was as meaningful a weekend as I have ever had with you all given the timing. This is especially true for two classmates. One who taught me the importance of staying positive in a very uncertain situation. Another who helped teach me the difference between being smart and being wise. Being smart is being able to answer the question. Being wise is knowing which questions to ask. And to all of you who have prayed for me that I may have missed in this list, thank you.

Remember, life is a mixed bag. There is good and bad for everyone in their daily lives. They key is to STAY POSITIVE and focus on the good. Also, life is about possibilities. Every new day is a gift that brings a fresh set of possibilities. If not to make your life better then maybe to help someone else out.

Stay tuned for Jackpot’s NFL Playoff Picks on Friday. Thank God there are less playoff games than bowl games. Jackpot's father-in-law is a former coach with the Broncos (two SuperBowl Rings). Hopefully that inside knowledge will result in better picks:) Page down for his Orange and Rose Bowl picks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crackpot will be my key to financial riches!!! From now on all I have to do is take the opposite team he picks and I'm all set. After a few seasons of this, I'll have all the college and wedding $$$'s for 3 of my girls I'll ever need... plus some spare change for a few rounds of golf! CRACKPOT... YOU DA MAN!!

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,
I like your marriage tips, they've been helpful (except the one about buying all the new electronics you can before you get married since I'm still paying for that mistake both ways). I am disappointed however that you would cite other non-professionals' advice, but haven't quoted anything from the one counselor who saved my marriage, namely Dr Laura. Her words of wisdom and insight in the books my wife and I read together have been a God send. I'd like to see her thoughts bless others like it has us.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home