Thursday, April 19, 2007

Not One Of My Better Moments


The family and I went down to Myrtle Beach for Spring Break last week. We had a great time. It was made even better by knowing that it was snowing like crazy back in Cleveland. It was cold during the first part of the week. But there was plenty of indoor touristy stuff to do. The second part of the week we hung out at the pool and the beach. One note, the Atlantic surf is much more tame than the Pacific surf. Not as much fun to play in.

Anyway, while we were there we met up with Sandy’s family. Her sister-in-law’s family owns a vineyard and they make their own wine. Me and Sandy’s sister-in-law’s brother really got going. Before I new it, I was blitzed out of my mind. The next morning, Easter, I was sick as a dog. Everyone met up for church. My kid’s cousins asked if I had the flu. My eight year old daughter said no, that I was just drunk.

This was obviously not one of my better moments. I am not a big drinker. That was the first time I had done that in a while. But, I am through with alcohol. I NEVER want to be in that situation with my kids again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home