Thursday, September 20, 2007

Big 4-0 Big Deal


I turn forty this week. My thoughts? Big f***ing deal. I have no deep thoughts or cares about this “milestone”. Besides, of course, the fact I am glad I did not die at age 37.

One thing that has always amused me is the mid-life crisis. If you have time for a mid-life crisis you need to count your blessings. It probably means you don’t have a real crisis going on in your life. Don’t get me wrong. I would love to be twenty-two again. I remember when Jackpot and I would play basketball all day, drink all night, and then repeat it all the next day. No way I could keep up that pace now if I wanted too. I simply get up everyday and try to figure out how to make it meaningful. A friend of mine was complaining about getting old. Maybe it does suck a little bit. But you know what? It beats the alternative.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I made a rookie mistake under the tremendous pressure by erroneously thinking LSU was at USC, I stand by my USC pick with the points because Tiger Woods hasn't won in Louisiana either! Its just now I have to cross fingers on both hands and not just one!!

BB

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home