Monday, October 10, 2005

June 23th - What to Tell the Kids

One thing that is becoming a growing problem between me and wife is what to tell the kids and when. My kids are six and four. This is the hardest part of all this for me. I call deal with my own death. I cannot deal with the idea of leaving them fatherless at such a young age. Anyway, we found some books and talked to some people. The consesus we reached was to be honest with them. Kids are going to pick up that something major is going on. The books say if you do not tell them they will assume that they are at fault. We found a very good book from the Cleveland Clinic that deals with all aspects of cancer and families.

We decided to tell the kids after dinner. We sat them down. My daughter was worried about the upcoming sugery. My son wanted more ice cream. God Bless him. I was glad we told them.

The only problem was that my wife was not happy with my approach with my daughter. I have a great wife and a good marriage. But this health crisis is tearing at my marriage as much as it is everything else in my life

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How Long Is That Tail Again?
Jim Lanzone from Ask Jeeves gave some interesting data about feed subscribers at this week's Web 2.0 conference.
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home